- Hardness Tester
- Barcol Impresser
Barcol Impressor is a kind of indention hardness tester. It uses a special shape indenter impressed into the specimen by a standard string pressure and measures the indentation depth to obtain hardness value. It is the typical model which is in widest application. Barcol Impressor is mainly applied in two areas: One is
Aluminum fabrication industry, to test pure Aluminum, soft Aluminum alloys, thick Aluminum alloys, Aluminum belts, and Aluminum alloys extrusions, bars, castings, forgings and assembled Aluminum alloys parts (e.g. al-alloy door &window, curtain wall etc.) Relevant standard is American standard ASTM B648-00 (Test Method for Indentation Hardness of Aluminum Alloys by Means of a Barcol Impresser); the other is Fiber Reinforced Plastics industry, most domestic and abroad Fiber Reinforced Plastics products are required to test Barcol hardness. Relevant Standard is American standard ASTM D2583-07(Test Method for Indentation Hardness of Rigid Plastics by Means of a Barcol Impressor.
- Easy to Use: Single hand operation; easy to use high efficiency able to make test at any site.
- High Sensitivity: Barcol Impressor has 100 graduations. Its sensitivity is much higher than the Webster hardness tester.
- Wide Testing Range: Used to test from very soft pure aluminum to very hard aluminum alloys.
- Less Thickness Requirement: It can test on any work pieces with thickness greater than 0.8 mm.
- No Supporting Required: It can test from only one side of the work piece. It is unnecessary to move or support the work piece. It is used to test very large and thick work pieces and assembly parts.
- Easy Conversion: The test results can be converted to HB, HR, HV and HW easily through the conversion table.
- High Quality Indenter: The indenter has very high hardness, long service life and good interchangeability
|Testing Range||0 - 100 HBa (equivalent to 25 - 145 HBW)|
|Indication Error||±2 HBa (42 ~ 48 HBa) ±1 HBa (81 ~ 88 HBa)|
|Repeatability Error||±2 HBa (42 ~ 48 HBa) ±1 HBa (81 ~ 88 HBa)|
|Net Weight||0.5 kg|
- 2 Spare indenters
- Standard hardness block (high)
- Standard hardness block (low)
- Calibration wrench
- Carrying case
Magnetic Digital, Brinell & Rockwell Hardness Tester